Friday, August 27, 2010

teenager moment, it won't pass

I know my blogging has become less frequent and it's probably due to the fact that in order to set my life completely straight I have been ignoring my own philosophical queries. Never mind I suppose. It's probably better to save the blogs for more important issues. Not that this would seem to be a very enlightening one.

Actually, I changed my mind. Yes it is.

I had a very interesting discussion with my parents last night. I declared that Bridgette was getting her hair dyed and cut short. They were horrified by the news, basically because they reckoned she was going to ruin her hair and all that and if she hated it would be permanent blah blah blah. Which of course led to the debate on whether I should get my hair dyed or not. See, I want blonde hair. It's just a thing. I had really blond hair when I was little but it must have just grown out after I cut it all off when I was 7. Now it's kind of a light browny colour. I don't mind it, there are worse colours to have but its common. I feel a sense of normality. Father said last night that I shouldn't have to individual because of what look like, but how I act. And that's all well and good and I might be individual and all that but I sure don't feel like it. Like my last post - it's all about what you look like. You can't help it. In this modern society individuality is represented by what you look like. Sometimes it's hard and sometimes it's cruel but I guess I've accepted that that's the way it is.

Father decided that I could try a wash in in December. Just to see what it looks like. I agreed, it's better then nothing. Not that not I'm jealous about Bridgette's hair... it's awesome!

Well after the hair conversation I tried another idea...

'So, can I get my ear pierced?'

It took me a good 8 years to get my ears pierced, meaning the lobes. It's taken me about two years to get the top done. My parents reluctantly decided I could be individual and could get it done. As long as I paid for it myself...so because I'm all inpatient and impulsive and all that, you can well imagine what happened today. It was off to the city to be with Bridgette while she got her hair dyed. I had told her about the ear permission. So after we made her hair appointment we had plenty of time to look for piercing places. I wasn't at all hopeful, all the places I found online were 16+. The hairdresser told us about a place, with turned out to be really creepy. The freaky women with terrible hair and TOO MANY piercings asked skeptically for my age. I said 15 because I was scared of lying and there was the despised shake of the head. So she wouldn't do it for me. Stupid woman. Well the next place we found, only minutes later I may add, was a beauty place that also did professional piercings anywhere so we wandered in, asked about it and five minutes later I was freaking out just seconds away from getting my ear pierced. I got it done all right. Pink! It also only cost me twenty dollars.

Is it sad to say how individual I already feel? Is it sad to say that I'm finally finding me?

No.

2010 may have had some scary moments, some tears, some heartbreak ; but I don't think I've ever felt this happy, this alive, this free. I am in love with living. I love life. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment