Thursday, August 26, 2010

Epiphany

Today as I was walking through Murdoch Station I had a sudden realisation. The way I live my life is built upon how I look. Every time a train goes past the first thing I see is me. I see my hair and my face and my clothes and I think about all the things wrong with them and I think of all the ways I think I should look like. Or just what I wish I could be.

Modern society has conned young girls like myself to build there own self confidence on their appearance.

Wear that, be her.

It is messing with our minds. We are forced to be these people that don't really exist. We are forced to be perfect. We are forced to be played with. We are forced to stand in front of others and be scrutinised. We are forced to stand and watch others mock our lack of perfection.

You ask yourself, 'What is wrong with girls in our society?' The answer: we've all been unconsciously bought by suppliers. They tease us and hypnotise us with their skin tight clothing and miniskirts. They tell us we should wear this because it will make us look better. But will it really? The saddest thing about this marketing scheme is that most girls can't see it, and most girls just believe it. Because what else can they do just to be accepted?

I have been trapped. I cannot get out. They are coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment