Sunday, August 1, 2010

On the 1st of March, On the holiday

I know, I know the title is all wrong. Today is not the 1st of March, today is the 1st of August, a fact I only realised a few seconds ago. I would also like to mention that I forgot to post an announcement for Harry Potter's birthday yesterday, and Neville's on Friday. Neville Longbottom people. 30th of July, don't forget it. Still on the topic of Harry Potter, my father told me today that his cousin recently set up a projector in his theatre room. I nodded mock-enthusiastically of course. But it turns out he has never seen the Harry Potter series nor read the books. I was completely baffled!

Excuse my English, I'm in a literary mood.

Apparently he 'got out' the first three movies to watch with his kids. Father confused him by asking about Quidditch and pondering if he would be in Slytherin or not. I laughed.

I don't know if I mentioned this before but I am currently re-reading the Harry Potter series in honour of the countdown to the final set of films. Part 1 comes out in theatres November 18th. Was 19th. Thank god they changed it! It is brothers 19th birthday tomorrow and I think I lightened the mood by explaining how much I hate the number. I wasn't trying to ruin the mood or anything, but it's like people cowering on the thirteenth. I just hate it. No other explanations. End of story.

In case anyone was wondering Harry is in the Chamber of Secrets, separated from Ron but yet to meet Tom Marvolo Riddle.

Sorry for any spoilers. I'm enthusiastic about such things.

I saw a very wonderful film today. Inception staring Leonardo Di Caprio and the beautiful Ellen Page. A funny thing. With something as popular as Juno was you would think that Ellen Page is a little one faced. Not in a bad way but I saw a glimpse of Smart People and to me the character she was playing there compared to that in Juno was similar. But in Inception she was brilliant. A strong, stubborn but genius of a girl she plays a character I actually can't remember the name of. My bad. It began with an A. Anyway, she was an Architect. She designed Dream Worlds in which Extractors extracted information from people's minds. Not going to explain it but lets just say it was a plot about a so called job, intertwined with this man (Leonardo Di Caprio) struggling to accept the loss of his confused wife who he ruined, not intentionally. But throughout the film, helped by Ellen Page's character, he he haunted by her presence in his mind but he deals with it. Finally, four layers deep into the dream world.

It's a truly beautiful film and some beautiful writing. I suggest it to everyone who loves not only visual beauty but spoken beauty as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment