Saturday, August 21, 2010

A muscle cramp...in your pants?

Miss Brown thinks I'm too sexual. I laugh at that. Not that naming this post the above at all helps me on bit but you know, Buffy.

This is the first post I've been able to write since arriving back from the wilderness. I stayed there for one night and two days and it was extremely dead-worthy. But of course, beautiful. Well I awoke Thursday morning at 6 o'clock ready and packed to arrive at school by at least 7.15. Father drove me there, and I was soon repacking my extremely large and heavy pack with Bridgette Brown. Then, after a long and laborious but amusing process of chucking the packs in the back seats of the school bus, we were off. To the Bibbulmun Track!



We had great fun getting group shots of us all on the bus. I don't think the teachers were pleased, especially when we all started singing nursery rhymes.



It is probably also true that some of the greatest camp moments were caught on the bus. Sukanya reckoned Bridgette should do a before and after photo of the bus ride. The above two were to be before photos. But, ah, we ran out of memory by the time we were on a bus again...
Still, it was a good idea.



Honestly, the most amusing moments of this camp was how much the teachers sucked. There was this MASSIVE road and they made us cross it in pairs. We all made jokes about having to hold hands and such, but Mr Brown's face (not related to Bridgette) was truly priceless. He is the most expressionless, boring human being I have ever met. I hope he doesn't have a girlfriend. I can't even begin to imagine was he might be like. That was probably one of the only problems about the camp - the teachers lack of enthusiasm. The camp last year with Mr Pilling was great not only becuase you know, school camp and all that, but the teachers made jokes, they had fun and they actually interacted with the students. We played games and made fun of each other but the teachers this year are just so...dull. You wonder why they decide to become teachers.



Another great thing was the scenery and the photography opportunities. If there was way to bring my father's camera, which is fabtabular outdoors, I would have done. Bridgette had a jolly fine time clicking away. Only problem was the memory card wasn't big enough and well...photo opportunities available were not captured with an actual camera. We both retreated to the less great capturing technology - the phone.



I have to thank Bridgette Brown for actually coming out on camp. No, not in a sexual orientation way, in a, "Lets talk and make friends way!" It's amazing how relationships change on school camps. An interesting psychological investigation I think. But I am proud to say that I have made many new friends on this camp (: It's quite sweet. Plus, that photo is just fantastic.

Some brilliant quotes came from the camp. Frances calling her pack Roger, was extremely entertaining. A memorable moment was me asking Bridgette why she was laughing and her saying, "Frances is talking to Roger again."

If anyone is interested, I called my pack Simon, and Bridgette called hers Serenity.

It is also important to note that I was physically injured during that camp and walking around yesterday at home was nearly impossible. My feet have never hurt so much in my life!



It is true, I do love Bridgette Brown.
Without her I would have died.
Everyone would have laughed.

Thank you for saving me from that humiliation.

No comments:

Post a Comment