Sunday, July 11, 2010

Storm's comin'

I am sitting at my desk waiting for 7pm because apparently my house is going to fall down. Well, okay that's a bit of an exaggeration but I just love it when there's a storm. I can play Vivaldi and lie in bed just listening to the pitter patter of rain on a tin roof. I'm hoping I can become inspired for my novel, which kind of has a name. The Scarlet Cape. I was thinking of calling it The Scarlet Curtain since that actually sounds a little niftier but I'm finding a cape to be more significant to the actual story. I have written a summary, as simple as I could which I soon realised was nearly impossible to do. I never knew I could create something quite so complicated in only a week or so. Is that all? One week? Wow. There must be something about this story that's getting me quite entranced. This hasn't happened in years. Here's the summary:

Book One The Scarlet Cape
Cardya Takara is in trouble. He knows too much. The Dead City seemed pretty quiet until he found the scarlet cape. Now Aran Valde seems to be out to get him. But unknown to Cardya it isn't just him Aran Valde wants. The Takya Warriors have always been strong but ever since the Demon Wars, members of the Takara family have been a bit different. And now, four generations later, a jealous member of the council wants to purify the Takya race and give reason for Lucifer to rise. But that's not the only problem. Strange demon activities have been occurring within the Dead City and everyone is talking about some angel appearing. And everyone knows Cardya's little sister has something angelic inside of her, and all the demons seem to know too.

Yes, I did realise that once I started writing the summary Cardya Takara was kind of seeming like the main character. Which wasn't the initial plan. My original protagonist was of course Cartya Takara who I imagined being around fifteen or sixteen years old. But as I rewrote my prologue this afternoon, Cardya is said to be sixteen and Cartya is a little younger. Maybe fourteen? I've decided to go along with my summary and make Cardya more of a standout character. Although it's going to be important to remember that all of the events actually happen because of Cartya, because of the whole Angel thing. More on that later. I'm debating whether to post the prologue on an originally trusted site www.booksie.com. Now I'm not sure. A fellow writer I met on the site stopped publishing her novel in the making on the site because of a copyright incident on her earlier novel. And I think that may have stopped her from actually publishing it. I may have to e-mail the site about copyright. I'd like to know that my work is safe, especially since I'm quite enthusiastic about this.


"It's because I never stopped, stupid head."
I love Bridgette Brown's photography.


No comments:

Post a Comment