Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Friendly inspiration of the John Lennon kind

No, I am not a Beatles fan and no, I'm not ever going to become one but ever since my society teacher showed us Imagine on the anniversary of the death of John Lennon, I have been intrigued. And well, my slight crush on Aaron Johnson can't and shouldn't be denied so I am please to say that today I saw the film Nowhere Boy. It is a tale of John Lennon before and during his music career and how he deals with his Aunt and Mother and growing up.

I also cannot deny that in that last few months especially the idea of film has been quite intriguing so this arty like film had me seriously interested.

Writing now! During my artistic revelations of the past day I have also managed to complete a somewhat history of my Takya Warriors and have even attempted writing the first chapter for my new EPIC novel. That would be sarcasm, if I weren't typing. Ha ha ha! The writing bug has begun methinks. I'm not entirely sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing but we shall see. Tomorrow I think will be a day of casual relaxation. By that I mean Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Firefly and possible a movie of some sorts. And some nice brainstorming!

Talking again about film, one of the most creative movies I have watched recently would have to be Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind. It is difficult to describe ever feature I love about this film but lets just say: If I wanted that perfect love story, this would be it. There is absolutely nothing that isn't romantic about having your memory erased in a fit of anger and then realizing, during the erasing of you're partners mind all the beautiful moments that occurred between you in the space of two years. I am aware of how little sense that will make but it has been a wonderful three days. Artwise, life is brilliant.

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot!
The world forgetting, by the world forgot
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind!
Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd.

No comments:

Post a Comment