Friday, July 2, 2010

Demon/human/angel warriors fight against Cain in my new epic novel...

Trying to put aside the gloomy mood I've been prone to of late...while casually skimming through the Skulduggery Pleasant Site I came upon what I thought was a game - it actually turned out to be a recruitment agency that signed up new munchkins. I can honestly say I was intrigued. This led to creating a character to be a part of this Munchkin Army who ended up looking rather...bad ass. And in my artistic mood, with the help of some melancholy music, Cartya was created. The decendent of the Takara family, an ancient line of Takya warriors, Cartya is part demon, part human, part angel. She has retractable fangs (demon trait), a conscience (human trait), and is unusually skilled in incantations and spells (angel trait). Takya warriors look basically human. Some have more noticeable traits such as complete black eyes, wings or weirdly shaped feet. Some more demon-like warriors may even have black blood.

I would like to add that this was created within the space of an hour, I actually feel quite proud.

Anyway, Cartya is likely to face many death defying adventures and awkward romances because at this very moment I have a great urge to begin writing her story. So far I have written a basic description of her kind. Name searching is great fun! (Names) I have also written a family tree based on the Takara family. Cartya has a brother named Cardya. From great Mormon traditions (inspired by Stepehenie Meyer, eh...) Takya name their children based on the two parents names. For example: Cartya and Cardya's parents are Cadan and Atsuya. Make sense?

Anyway, no plot posting from me. I haven't succeeded that far and even if I had, no one will know about it just yet. Copyright fears.

DONT TOUCH MY STUFF

No comments:

Post a Comment