Friday, September 10, 2010

Limited posts, for that I am sorry

I know I've bee a tad quiet these past weeks. Well, very quiet since this is the first time I've posted something in well...12 days. I guess I've been a bit preoccupied with school and people and the whole life in general. Honestly I didn't think how much I wanted school to end until Bridgette mentioned it. Every week seems to be getting longer and everyday slower. I'm thinking about year 11 and the future and what happens if I fail.

Failure is a common thing. It happens a lot. A great man told me on Wednesday that he wished he could be the one of those kinds of people who don't give up, who keep going. And he became that person. I'm thinking about that too. I can't remember what his name was but he lost both his legs in a car accident when he was 17 and now says he couldn't be happier. Not because he lost his legs but because he realised how great life can be.

I also watched a video yesterday night. This book series Skulduggery Pleasant is being made into a very low budget film by a tiny company called Treestump Films. Which I may add is just an adorable name. But anyway I watched an interview with the writer, director and editor, and two fellow actors and discovered that he is only twelve years old! Isn't it odd how when I was around his age, or maybe just a tad younger, my first sparks of creativity emerged. I began writing and reading; I became interested in photography and of late, I've become extremely interested in film to the point where I have decided it to be a worthy career. I think film is great for me because I can be creative but also express kinds of emotion I don't feel like I an express. Film is just a story where you see expression right in front of you rather then trying to imagine it. I guess it's great for people who have never felt a particular emotion before and can't picture what it might look like. I think this the reason I love art as well because sometimes I have trouble recognising emotions and figuring out what they mean. Film helps me do that.

After watching the interview I immediately brought up a rather old idea myself and Bridgette came up with over six months ago at a party in Mossman Park. It's a simple idea really if you can get through to the audience what it means and also if we were to shoot it (that is if I can finish writing it) we'd be able to do at school. Which you know, helps because I always picture scenes there. I created an entire death scene with the help of Bridgette and an old friend, Charlotte, to our music department. So we'd have to film it there otherwise it would make no sense.

Anyway I found another more personal project today which I based in Fremantle. It's a comedy about young people trying to be young people mixed in with the idea of young love. I was told by my brother yesterday at dinner that I think as though I'm older then I am. This touched me in a nice way. It's one the nicest things someone has said to me in a long time basically because I knew it, I just didn't know what it was. Well, since I've devised an entire scene for that project as well, to the sounds of Eels, I think I should definitely keep writing. Also I want to continue with How I Live Now but probably after I actually finish something of my own. If I do that then I know I can finish something.

That's an achievement.

No comments:

Post a Comment